Tried and Tasted: Your Mornings Just Got Blitzed
Not a morning person? These infused breakfast recipes just might turn you into one. Whether you're a health fiend and think no smoothie is a smoothie unless it's green or you're just looking to elevate your Sunday brunch with sky-high pancakes, we can guarantee these breakfast ideas will help put a pep in your step and will help keep the anxiety at bay.. It's time to infuse your favourite CBD oils and cannabutters into your morning routine.
Quick-Blitz CBD Matcha Protein Smoothie
If mornings aren't your cup of tea, but are looking for a quick kick of sorts, this Quick-Blitz Matcha Protein Smoothie is your answer. Packed with anti-inflammatories and antioxidants, this smoothie will be the healthiest smoothie you make in 45 seconds. Whether you need a wave of serenity before a client meeting or need a dose of detox after a wild weekend, you can count on this to boost and then some.
We've used MONDO in our recipe, an all-natural cannabis that instantly dissolves, so your smoothie won't be left with a gritty texture.
1. Blend together until smooth or your favourite consistency
2. Sip & Enjoy
2 tsp ceremonial grade Matcha powder
1/2 cup milk or milk substitute (great choices include cashew milk, almond milk, rice milk, oat milk, coconut milk or soy milk)
1/2 frozen banana
Handful of spinach (for green smoothie, opt for blueberries for a tangier punch of a smoothie)
Natural sweetener (substitutes for sugar include, agave, maple syrup, honey, coconut nectar, cane sugar)
1 scoop MONDO (their new CBD powder is a beaut, if we do say so ourselves)
Handful ice cubes
Keep Calm and Granola On
Make this CBD-infused granola in bulk to keep as your new pantry staple. Just be sure to store it in a cool, dry place so that you get the perfect amount of crunch, the next time you want a super zen morning. Don't know how to eat granola? We like to sprinkle it over greek yogurt with peaches in the summer ( a drizzle of honey makes it that much more delish). We've also been known to just eat it by the handful. We're not the type to judge if that you'r style.
We opted to use Pure Phyto's CBD + PURE oil because we know they're vegan and made with only two ingredients: Cannabidiol and medium chain triglycerides, also known as MCT Oil
3 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup honey, agave or maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp coconut oil
Few drops Pure Phyto CBD + PURE oil
1 cup mixed nuts & seeds
1. Preheat oven to 160°C
2. In a large bowl, combine your oats, nuts and seeds with the cinnamon and set aside.
3. In a small saucepan, melt coconut oil, CBD oil and your natural sweetener of choice until infused and fragrant.
4. Toss oats and melted oils together
5. Spread your granola mixture in an even layer on a greased baking tray
6. Toast for 10-15 minutes until just golden
7. Enjoy warm or store in cool, dry place
Perfect for Sunday brunch. Scratch that. Perfect for whenever you're craving pancakes. These infused-stacks are packing with cannabutter, so you know they'll take your morning that much higher. Watch out, you may be tempted to stack these 'cakes sky high, but the higher the stack, the closer you may be to euphoria. Top these griddled CBD beauties with your favourite fresh fruit for a fresh start to your day. Or perhaps you're looking to satisfy a sweet craving, then feel free to drizzle or drench your perfect stack with some Maple Syrup. However you style your pancakes, you'll definitely impress with this recipe.
Don't know where to get cannabutter from? It's time you DIY and make your own batch.
Thank Levo Oil, when you start making your cannabutter in bulk. Levo Oil, makes infusing your favourite strain with an oil easier than tying your laces. (We have our eyes on the mint green model).
1 cup milk
1 large egg
2 tbsp melted cannabutter
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp sugar
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 90°C
2. In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, whisk together milk, cannabutter and egg.
4. Sift dry ingredients into wet mixture, and stir (do not overmix).
5. Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat with cannabutter.
6. Spoon 2 or 3 tablespoons of batter onto skillet. Cook for a minute or so until the surface of pancakes starts to bubbles. Flip the pancake and cook for another few minutes or until the underside is brown.
7. Plate and serve warm with your favourite toppings.
What are your go-to infused CBD recipes? Share them with us in the comments below and don't forget to tag your creations on Instagram @thecuratorltd. #TriedandTasted